- In the past year, use of recycled rubber is increased for both cost reduction and need of sustainability.
- performance strongly depends on raw material: best is use of truck/OTR treads which contains great part of Natural Rubber.
- process is generally based on use of heat and mechanical strain
- traditional processes implies use of autoclaves (steam/reclaiming agents) and long refining process. Very labour intensive and abandoned in Western Countries, leading country is India.
- modern reclaiming process uses extruders instead, it can be fully automated
- chemical devulcanization is performed using crumb rubber + chemical agents
- very good performance
- easy and sustainable process
- mixed car and truck tires crumb might be used
- less scorcher than chemical devulcanization product